Saturday, November 22, 2014

Game 3: Lolpitt: Hawaii 74 Pitt 70

The University of Pittsburgh Men's Basketball team lost a heart breaker to the University of Hawaii Jeff Gordons early Saturday morning by a score of 74-70.  Yes, the same University of Hawaii who lost at home four days earlier to High Point, best known for being the alma mater of one Snoop Dogg.

This game was not on television or radio.  I asked twitter where I could view the game, and I got response about an app called livewire.  Seeing as how I am one of the .00034% of people in my 20s without a smart phone or tablet, this did not help me.

In honor of this debacle (but more because I have no idea what actually happened), I'm going to countdown the top 12 most disappointing things to happen in Hawaii.

12. Saved By the Bell: Hawaiian Style - In terms of the two made-for-tv Saved By the Bell movies this one pales in comparison to the wedding in Las Vegas.

11. The Pro Bowl - The NFL Pro Bowl represents the closest we've come to actually implementing
Randy Marsh's Sarcastaball rules.


10. The 2010 Maui Invitational - Kemba Walker scored 900 points in three games to lead UConn to victory and ensure that Pitt fans would have to listen to how great Kemba Walker was a full five months before he forced Gary McGhee to retire from basketball.


9. This Game - I'm sure Pitt Pitted all over the place.

8. William Pitt Kalanimoku - He was a High Chief who was was kind of like the prime minster of the Hawaiian Kingdom at the beginning of the 19th century.  He took his name from William Pitt the Younger, most famous for riding the coattails of his Western Pennsylvania city name inspiration William Pitt the Elder.

7. The Movie Battleship - They should have made a movie about minesweeper instead.


6. Pitt's Performance in the 2014 Maui Invitational - Yes, I know this hasn't happened yet, and I'm not saying they're going to lose to division II Chaminade in the first game...

5. Hawaiian Punch Polar Blast - Am I reaching on this list?  Maybe.

Much like Pitt this list failed to reach the Final Four.

The Maui Invitational starts on Monday night.  I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Hail to Pitt,
J.O.



No comments :

Post a Comment